What does building “Green” mean?
You don’t have to look too hard today to see that every industry and manufacturer has begun to be focusing on being Green. Green building products and techniques provide high quality features, engery efficient programs, an environmentally sensitive alternatives, offer a healthier way to live, work and play.
Whitman Homes has dedicated itself to researching the latest products and techniques in order to provide designs and locations that provide efficient, thoughtful designs in well placed settings.
We offer the following "Green" building products and building techniques:
- Energy Star rated appliances like GE, Thermador, Wolfe and Subzero
- High efficient heating and cooling systems such as Carrier Equipment
- Programmable thermostats by Shaw Industries
- Top rated Air cleaners and Humidifiers
- Energy Star rated Low E glass windows like ANDERSEN
- Low flow water products from Kohler Plumbing
- Engineered wood products reducing construction time and waste
- Efficient floor plans which maximize natural light and ventilation
- Landscaping designs offering low water planting irrigation needs, timers and rain sensors
- Home site orientation planning to maximize existing trees and vegetation thereby minimizing land clearing.
- 2"x 6"exterior wall construction is our standard with high insulation values
We are constantly evaluating and continuing our goal of providing the most energy efficient and environmentally friendly designs for our clients….For more information or how we can help you with your next “Green” design call us at 1-800-880-3620….