Affiliations & Awards
Whittington, Porter, and O'Brien, with their staff of nearly ten professionals and master craftsmen, have earned numerous accolades.Celebrating 21 years of new home building in 2014!
To their credit they have been awarded:
October 10, 2014 Silver Award from the Builders Association of Greater Boston
For Best Attached Home under 1800 sq ft / Our Model at Boatwrights Loop in The Pinehills!
and a Silver Award for Best Logo Design ( Boatwrights Loop ) for a neighborhood! The event
took place with over 350 attending at The Boston Park Plaza Hotel.
October 30 2013: Silver Award from The Builders Association
Greater Boston For Best Single Family Design Under 2500 Sq ft for model
home at 18 Shutter Latch in The Pinehills!
May 2013: Guildmaster Award for Customer Service from Guild Quality
Janaury 2013: Silver Award form the National Association of Home Builders for #8
Thistle Lane, Parkview Village in SouthField!
Sept. 2012 GOLD AWARD Winner for Best Interior Home Merchandising from The
GREATER BOSTON HOME TOUR COMMITTEE. Home is our model @ #8 Thistle Lane,
Parkview Village, SouthField!
MAY 2012: Guild Master Award with Highest Distinction from Guild Quality for
Dec. 2011- Professional Builder Magazine has chosen Whitman Homes' WINDSAIL
Model Home @ #15 Shutter Latch inThe Pinehills as its GOLD AWARD: Best Single
Family Design! We will be featured in the Janaury 2012 issue of the magazine!
Congratualtions to our staff and The Pinehills team for this presitgious award!
June 2011 - Whitman Homes qualifies as an Energy Star Builder for all
homes to be built @ Parkview Village in Southfield.
Jan. 2011 - Gold Award for Best Rural Urban Smarth Growth Community for
Whitman Homes work @ The Summerhouse Cottages in Plymouth from NAHB.
June 2010 - Guild Master Award Customer Service: 4th year in a row: Guild Quality
May 2009 - Kristen Lybarger: Certified Interior Designer
April 2009 - Paul Calanan: Certified Green Builder Designation: NAHB
November 2007 - Boston Business Journal Named 7th Largest Builder in Boston Region
Builders Association of Greater Boston
- Gold Prism Award for Best Single-Family Design - $750,000 to $1,000,000 2007
- Gold Prism Award for Best Affordable Community - Approved 40B 2005
- Silver Prism Award for Architecture $600,000 - $1,000,000 2003
- Silver Prism Award for Architecture $600,000 - $1,000,000: 1999
National Association of Home Builders
- Silver Regional Award for Best Design: 2002
- Silver Regional Award for Best Interior Merchandising: 2002
National Builders Advisory Group
- 2006 Presidents Award for Excellence in Customer Service
- 2004 Gold Award for Model Home Merchandising
- 2002 Presidents Award for Builder of the Year
- 2001 Best Design Portfolio: Active Adult Market
- 2000 Builders Symposium Award for Outstanding Home Design for a Golf Course Community.
- 1999 Outstanding Architect
- 1998 President’s Award for Builder of the Year
- 1997 President’s Award for Custom Home Design
- 1996 President’s Award for Excellence in Customer Service
Northeast Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors
South Shore Chamber of Commerce: Member
Plymouth Chamber of Commerce: Member
GuildQuality: Member: "Guild Master" Designation (95% recommendation rating)
Builders Association of Greater Boston: Member
- Board of Directors: 6 year Member
- Sales & Marketing Council: Member
- Senior Housing Council: Member
- National Association of Home Builders: Member
- National Builders Advisory Group: Past Member
Boston Society of Architects: Member